Meet Fliss, passionate about interiors, colour and more..



Fliss at Willow and Stone

Continuing our series of interviews with the team at Willow and Stone we talk to Fliss, pictured above with some of her favourite pieces from Willow and Stone.
 
What is your perfect day in Cornwall?

I love discovering new places inland or along the coastline. A place that I think is a real gem is a small cafe called Potager in Constantine. On a sunny day you can enjoy a game of swingball or badminton in what feels like a secret garden. On a rainy day you can retreat to the greenhouse for a cup of tea, a piece of homemade cake and a board game. So simple and a great place to escape to with friends. 


http://www.visitcornwall.com/things-to-do/south-cornwall/falmouth/potager-garden#.UvIOEvahTjM



What inspires you?

The environment that I live and work in is a key aspect to my inspiration. I love colour, fabrics and interiors, these things really make me tick! Magazines, books and art inspire new ideas whilst nature sparks new palette ideas for a hand embroidered piece I have on the go, a painting or my own home interior.  


What do you like about working at Willow and Stone?

There are many aspects that I enjoy whilst working at Willow and Stone. The creativity and environment is one of the best parts along with my like minded colleagues. An evening, afternoon or morning working as a team on a new window display, re arranging the shop or adding new products is fantastic. Its usually an energised few hours where our creativity grows as a team, bouncing ideas off each other to create an eye catching window or inventive way to showcase products within the shop.

Sarah has created such a beautiful environment, not only to work in but a place where home ware, gifts and stationary sit so well alongside each other. Stunning pieces of furniture not only create a unique feel and talking point, they also help showcase products and Sarah's style and vision for the shop.
The ironmongery is one of my favourite areas of the shop with the stunning apothecary below the beautifully adorned boards of door furniture and ironmongery.   


How would describe your style? 

I love classic, simple things, a mix of contemporary and Scandinavian style for my interiors and fashion. 

A hint of Orla Kiely pattern or colour never goes a miss. 

(Fliss's favourite Orla Kiely mugs from Willow and Stone pictured below.)
 

Orla Kiely Mugs from Willow and StoneOrla Kiely Mugs from Willow and Stone


I am also a bit sentimental when it comes to objects/possessions that have either been given, found or bought. I feel they add a balanced mix of personalisation.


Fliss's objects collection




What’s the last thing you bought which you love?

It wasn't the last thing I bought but it is definitely a very proud find. An original Ercol candle stick chair for £20 tucked away in an over flowing second hand shop back home in West Sussex. It is one of my favourite pieces in our new home and makes a perfect dressing room chair!

Fliss's Ercol candle stick chair
 

Tell us about something you have recently discovered?  

Jewellery is something I really love! I feel it is an extension of your personality and can really make an outfit. A great website that was recommended by friends is Wolf & Moon. Great dress jewellery that really makes a statement and very on trend.

 Wolf & Moon earingsWolf & Moon necklace


Another jewellery designer I love is Jon Dibben. I worked for Jon over 9 years ago and have always been inspired by his creations, ethics and quality. His pieces are beautifully designed and considered - I hope one day one of his rings will be on my finger!  


Jon Dibben ringJon Dibben ring

Jon Dibben ringJon Dibben ring


   
What do you get up to when you’re not at Willow and Stone?

Hand embroidery and painting are my favourite things to do creatively along with adjusting my home interior and finding new objects, pictures or furniture, new and old, to fill it.

I also love growing plants, I have several succulents that I have grown from cuttings, they are my particular favourite, I like their structures and colour, along with being easy to look after.

Down time is an important part, so an evening or weekend spent with friends is high on the agenda when not at work.









0 comments:

ShareThis

 
Follow on Bloglovin